Friday, June 8, 2007

I Can't Believe I'm a Blogger!

Blogging? Me blogging? I never would have expected this. I've never even kept a journal before. I rarely speak of what I'm feeling/thinking so the thought of putting those thoughts to paper, or keyboard in this case, is quite a stretch for me. Perhaps since I've had no readers thus far (so far as I can tell) makes it easier. So why the change? Several reasons I suppose. Becoming a new father has to top the list. As I mentioned in my previous post, I'm concerned about how I'll be as a father. This has me looking more inward, questioning myself, checking my relationship with God, making positive changes, etc. Second, my recent health concerns (I'll probably address this in more detail another time) have scared the heck out of me. But scared in a positive sense. I've waged war on the matter. I've consulted a doctor. I've had meetings with a nutritionist. I'm keeping to my meal plan. I've been walking and have finally made it back to the gym. I am 100% determined.

My prayer is that through all this effort that the complications I'm experiencing go away. But the great thing about this is that I've drawn closer to God. I've been able to thank God for this scare. I never thought I'd get to the point of thanking God for something like this. God is amazing even in the midst of adversity. Why shouldn't He be? Circumstances never change God's character. Never. If we can praise Him in the good times, we must praise Him in the bad. Romans 8:28 says "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." This remains true even when we don't feel it.

The words of the MercyMe song, "Bring the Rain" seem to fit well here. If you have not heard the song, you MUST.



"Bring The Rain"

I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise You with all that I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You
Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain

I am Yours regardless of
The dark clouds that may loom above
Because You are much greater than my pain
You who made a way for me
By suffering Your destiny
So tell me what's a little rain
So I pray

Holy, holy, holy
Is the Lord God Almighty

No comments: