Saturday, October 4, 2008

Rainy Day

It's raining today. I had originally planned on getting out and shooting some pictures. Julianne is over a friends house and I'm home with Lily. In my last post I asked for suggestions for what I should shoot next. Robin suggested the neighborhood so she could see where I live. Christy suggested macro shots. Since it's raining, I did go outside but not into the neighborhood. I figured showing things in the backyard qualifies for showing where I live. And I did have my macro lens on.

I immediately headed for the morning glories which were delicately sprinkled with water.





Then I noticed the leaves and the detail inside the reflection of the droplets.





How I didn't walk into this I don't know. I barely caught a glimpse of it spread out completely across the new section of lawn in our side yard. You really should click on the image below to see it larger.


It's creator was not readily in sight until I saw her escaping toward the patio cover.


Not too bad for a rainy day at home. :)


11 comments:

Jeanne Damoff said...

These are all gorgeous shots, Robert! Wow.

Dillo said...

Great set of shots! I really like these!

Yes, I'll be glad to post your story when you go pro---but maybe you should wait a little while before turning in your contract....heh!

Anna said...

Jeanne said it for me... Wow!

brittaffeldt said...

Wow, that spider web is somethin' else! But I really love all the water droplets!

Robin said...

Gorgeous shots - you really turned a rainy day into an asset. The spider I could have lived without, but that's just my own fear talking.

Anonymous said...

Not bad indeed! I particularly love the one of the droplets on the stem. GREAT SHOT!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Once again, I am jealous of your macro lens. While I love the one I have, it is a much older lens without automatic anything and the shots are much grainier than yours.

The water droplets are my favorite.

Anonymous said...

Super shots! I agree, you made great use of a rainy day!

Raven said...

Beautiful shots - even the spider. I enjoyed the pumpkins and Lily down below too.

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

What beautiful shots, Robert! I love water and flowers and macro lenses. You did an excellent job. :D

Anonymous said...

I dropped in for your WW, but oh, my word, THESE are spectacular! I love macro shots and the detail in these leaves me wishin' I had the right lens.

Stunning!

BTW, your WW brought an instant smile, a dose of floral sunshine :).