Thursday, February 28, 2008

Shocked

Just over a week ago I wrote about a great night on the town. Then I gave the story behind the story. And today, my friend called me and pointed out the following:

Third Day and Brad Avery have made the very difficult decision to part ways.

Third Day and Brad Avery have made the very difficult decision to part ways.

We appreciate Brad’s many contributions to the band's career to date, including his work on our forthcoming album, but the time has come for us to follow our separate paths.

He has been an important part of Third Day for the last 13 years as we've traveled the world together and performed over 1,000 concerts. We will miss him as a band member but he will always remain our brother and our friend. Brad is a wonderful person, gifted songwriter and talented musician. We trust that God has amazing plans for his future

____________________________________

According the the article on Billboard.com, "Avery is leaving to pursue solo projects."

When I told Julianne, she said, "And he didn't tell you when you talked to him????" Ha ha. Anyhow, I'm a bit shocked but very pleased I got to see Brad play with them on one of their last shows together. I'm anxious to see what doors God opens up for him next.


2 comments:

Grafted Branch said...

Good thing you saw them when you did, it sounds like.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully his solo career will take off....he has that beautiful little girl to take care of!