Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hodge Podge Vacation Pics

These are just a few more from Oregon. There was not a particular theme for these, hence the post title. I really love how the bench image turned out. I think it may make its debut as a new header in the near future.

I got into my classroom today! What a mess. The previous teacher retired and left lots and lots of trash stuff. Perhaps she was being thoughtful and thought that maybe her successor might benefit from all the junk she left. Either way, I've got lots of cleaning left to do. It feels good to be setting up a classroom again. It's really getting me back into the sense of teaching again. I'm nervously excited about having my own classroom again. Pray I keep this enthusiasm as the semester moves forward.

I love this bench I found in Jacksonville.

Lily playing at a park in Ashland


We stayed in Sacramento on the way up and the way back. This was taken by on a very hot day on the way up to Oregon. Can you tell we were having fun?


I had been seeing bumble bees in the front yard every time we went over Donna and Perry's home. I finally got a shot of them as we were heading out of town. This is one of the last shots I took in Oregon.


Lily kept running in and out of the house. Here she is looking oh so cute looking out at us on the patio.


I'm so glad Julianne asked me to take this one.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

A wonderful portfolio...

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Lovely photos. I like the bench a lot, too. Great textures and dimension. It would also make a nice header image.

Lily is cute as ever, of course. The bee shot is great.

Your last flower looks incredibly familiar. Oh yeah, that's what I have up at Photo Bunny, only mine has an addition.

Looks like you really had a great trip. Glad you're excited about being back in class. Will be praying for you. We started school yesterday. So far (2 days), so good. {grin}

Cris said...

The bench is so beautiful! All the shots on your trip are gorgeous. Oh how I love to see Lily's pictures, her smile is so captivating, so sweet.

Anna said...

I love the bench shot!

brittaffeldt said...

The bench, the bright yellow of the flowers, and the barber shop sign from the last post are my favorites!
And Lily's so cute!

Carletta said...

More great shots!
I looked to see if Anna had been here. I knew she'd love the bench.
I think it would make a beautiful header.

Unknown said...

These are great!

Raven said...

Nice shots. I like the one of Lily on the bridge. Well, I like them all as usual. I left you a response to your question about McCain at Raven's Nest.

Dillo said...

Okay....now I have to go read about McCain on Raven's blog...but first....

Yes, great Bench shot.

Re the Buffalo...Being NEARLY 50 does change one's perspective---but perhaps the post sounded less light-hearted than the mood I wrote it in which was more light; less melancholy.....

Horsoon said...

The bench's shot is remarkable!

Anonymous said...

The last two photos are my favorites. Ms. Lily is a doll! And Brown-Eyed Susans are one of my favorite flowers.

Minkydo said...

So many wonderful photos!

lynn said...

I really love that bench shot. It makes a great header.