Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Happy Birthday, Baby Girl

We just got home from celebrating Lily's first birthday. We went out to Famous Dave's (again) with Juliannes' mom, my mom, and my sister. We mostly were being amused by Lily. She LOVES an audience. She becomes such a ham, especially during meal time. And she is getting very used to the camera, which is such a blessing for me. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves though.


AAAAHHHHH



Fun with Vegetables and Chicken



I swear I'm floating right now. I've got to be the proudest daddy of em all. I am absolutely loving this parenting thing. Of course Lily is making it so easy on us. The fact that she sleeps 12 hours straight through the night, and eats everything we feed her is more than enough to help us not worry about her occasional fussiness.

My words here are not doing justice to all I'm feeling now. Simply said, we are indeed blessed.

Happy Birthday, baby girl.

1 comment:

Kevin, Jake and Violet said...

Robert,

I have been following your adoption journey on your blog. I'm not even sure how I came across your blog, I think it was a link on Rumor Queen when you and your wife received your referral. My wife and I have a 4-4-07 LID, so we are a long way from the end. I just wanted to say I have been extremely touched by your comments and the honesty you have displayed all the way through. I, too, am going to be a first-time father, and I believe I can draw on some of the things you've written to help me.

God bless you and your family.

Kevin

Our blog is journeytoemilyh.blogspot.com